3rd National Dance Championship (English)
GENERAL RULES 2018
ΚΥΡΙΑΚΗ 4 ΜΑΡΤΙΟΥ 2018
The 3rd Pan-Helleninc Championship of Classic & Modern Dance is organized by Morgana -Artistic Events, which is established under Greek Law and collaborates with similar dance organizations worldwide.
1. All participants must have a Greek or Cypriot citizenship.
2. Participants of other nationalities may, also, enter the championship by applying to the international category.
3. The entry of information must be completed correctly, in accordance with the web-site’s guidelines.
Please read carefully all the instructions before the completion of the entry application.
4. The dance school/dance teacher/association assumes the responsibility for the correct entry of information in the application form.
b) CATEGORIES OF PARTICIPATION
- Ballet Variation (Solo, Pas de deux/Duet, Group)
- Neoclassical (Solo, Pas de deux/Duet, Group)
- Contemporary Dance (Solo, Duet, Group)
- Modern Dance (Solo, Duet, Group)
- Ballet Variation: the contestants are asked to perform a Variation of Classical Dance (please see category h.Ballet)
- Neoclassical: the contestants are asked to perform their own choreography, using ballet dance techniques with pointe, starting from the Teens category and onwards.
- Contemporary Dance: Natural movement constitutes the basis of contemporary dance choreography. The choreography must include release, falls and floor work, using the body’s weight and allowing the dancer to express his/her emotions through his/her choreography.
- Modern Dance: the contestants are asked to perform a choreography that includes elements of various dance styles. In this category, the acr
AGE GROUP CATEGORIES
1. The contestant’s age is calculated taking as a starting point the 1st of January of every calendar year that the championship is taking place.
2. For the duets and groups, the age of the oldest contestant will determine the category in which they are going to compete in.
3. The organizers reserve the right to request proof of age on the day of the championship, during the check of the participants’ information, by requesting to see a contestant’s passport or identification card.
Age Group Categories: - Professionals: up until the year 1998
- Amateurs: Junior 2007-2005
Adult: up until the year 1998
APPLICATION DATES & DEADLINES
1. Entries will be accepted until the 4th of February, 2018, exclusively in electronic form, using the special application form available on the web-site www.morgana.gr
3. Applications will be assigned a priority.
4. If the number of applicants is too large, the organizers reserve the right to decline additional applications or to request a video submission, in order to decide on the final contestants. Those videos will be viewed and evaluated by a different jury of experts than the one used in the Championship
e) PARTICIPATION FEE:
Duet: 50€ per dancer
Group: 40€ per dancer
Payment will be made by bank deposit at :
Bank Account Holder: Morgana
Bank Account Number: 5042-079671-161
IBAN : GR16 0172 0420 0050 4207 9671 161
SWIFT-BIC : PIRBGRAA
Deadline: 4th of February, 2018.
Payment of the participation fee after the deadline will have an extra of 5 euros /per dancer/per performance, regardless of the number of participants.
ATTENTION: EVERY INSTITUTE/DANCE SCHOOL IS RESPONSIBLE FOR DEPOSITING THE CORRECT AMOUNT OF MONEY AS ENTRY FEE FOR ALL THEIR PARTICIPANTS. THERE SHOULD BE ONLY ONE DEPOSIT PER DANCE SCHOOL. INDIVIDUAL DANCERS ARE EXCLUDED FROM THIS.
In the comments section of the deposit, you should include the name and surname of the person responsible/chaperone designated in the application form. Please, keep a copy of the receipt of payment and have it with you on the day of rehearsals, where you can receive your entry receipt. For more information, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of a cancelation by a participant, the participation fee is not refunded
1. Each contestant may choose:
- A Solo from the category of Ballet or Neoclassical.
- A Solo from the category of Contemporary or Modern Dance
- A Duet from the category of Ballet or Neoclassical
- A Duet from the category of Contemporary or Modern Dance
Contestants cannot choose two solo or two Duets from the same category.
For the Groups’ category, the participants are allowed to participate in as many Groups as he/she likes, regardless of the number of Solo and Duet she/he has chosen.
2. For Groups, the minimum number of contestants is three dancers.
3. For a category to be established there should be at least four different contestants. Otherwise, the dancers will be transferred to compete to the next available age group.
SPECIFIC REGULATIONS FOR BALLET
BALLET – POINTE SHOES
1.The categories for ballet are: Solo, Pas de deux/Duet, Group (more than three dancers)
2 .Dancers of the age group category Junior (2007-2005) are not allowed to use pointe shoes when competing.
3.The dancers are asked to perform a Variation from the classical ballet repertoire mentioned below. The choreographers are allowed to make small changes, depending on the level of competence of the dancers, however, the choreography should be as faithful as possible to the original choreography.
4. The minimum duration of the music exclusively for the Variation is 1’ minute.
Music duration for the Ballet solo : (1' - 2:30 )
5 .Please choose one of the following Variation
1.Giselle (Adam/Perrot, Coralli) Variation of Giselle, Act I Peasant Pas de Deux, Pas de Deux Variation from Act II
2.Don Quixote (Minkus/Petipa) All Pas de Deux, Act I, Act II and Act III Variations, All Kitri’s Variations and Queen of the Dryads
3.Le Corsaire (Adam, Drigo/Petipa) Pas d’Esclave and Variations, Odalisques Variations, Jardin Anime, Act III Pas de Deux and Variations
4.Diana & Acteon (Pugni/Vaganova) Pas de Deux and Variations
5.Flower Festival at Genzano (Helsted/Bournonville) Pas de Deux and All Variations
6.Grand Pas Classique (Auber/Gsovsky) Pas de Deux and Variations
7.La Bayadere (Minkus/Petipa) All Variations
8.Coppelia (Delibes/St. Leon) Pas de Deux, all variations
9.La Esmeralda (Pugni/Petipa) Pas de Deux and Variations
10.La Fille Mal Gardee (Hertel/Nijinska, Romanoff) Pas de Deux and Variations
11.La Sylphide (Lovenskjold/Bournonville) Pas de Deux and Variations
12.Paquita (Minkus/Petipa) Any Variation
13.Raymonda (Glazunov/Petipa) All Variations
14.Satanella (Pugni/Petipa) Pas de Deux and Variations
15.Swan Lake (Tchaikovsky/Petipa, Ivanov) Pas de Trois and Variations, Odette’s Variation, Act II Black Swan Pas de Deux and Variations
16.The Flames of Paris (Asafiev/Vainonen) Pas de Deux and Variations
17.The Nutcracker Suite (Tchaikovsky/Vainonen) Pas de Deux and Variations
18.The Sleeping Beauty (Tchaikovsky/Petipa) All Variations
19.Walpurgis Nacht (Gounod/Lavrovsky) Pas de Deux and Variations
20.The Talisman (Schnietzhoeffer/Drigo/Petipa) All Variations
21.Napoli All Variations
22.The Fairy Doll Variations
23 . Balanchine, Tchaikovsky pas de deux, Variation
24.Pharaoh's daughter variation
25. Carmen Variation
Για άλλες variations που δεν είναι στην λίστα παρακαλώ εποικοινωνήστε by e-mail : email@example.com
Dance technique: 20 Points
Choreography performance quality, harmony and synchronization in groups: 20 Points
Artistic performance and expressivity: 20 Points
Musicality and energy of the dancer: 20 Points
Originality of choreography, difficulty and variety adjusted to the level of competency of the dancer: 20 Points
DURATION OF MUSIC:
Solo & Duet: 2:00'' – 2:30'' max ,
Group: 3:00'' – 3:30'' max
(You are kindly requested to pay extra attention to the duration of your choreography, because the duration of the music will be checked for every contestant. In the event of a longer duration of music than the accepted one, each judge will subtract a point (-1) from each contestant’s overall final).
The music of the contestants’ choreography should be ready in a CD, recorder in high sound quality. Each CD should include the music for ONLY ONE PARTICIPATION
Attention: In the event that you wish to mix two different songs, the track of the CD should be ready (mixed). You are not allowed to submit two different CD’s for a single performance.
If the music features offensive language or swearing, the organizers reserve the right to cancel your participation in the championship.
On the CD, the name of the contestant, the category in which he/she competes in, as well as the name of the dance school/association/club/gym should be clearly marked, with capital letters, unless the contestant is competing as a single contestant. Furthermore, you should state on the CD, whether the contestant will be on stage, when the music starts or he/she will enter on stage, after the begging of the music. If the first, please include the phrase ‘ON STAGE’, if the latter, please include the word ‘AFTER’ on the cover of your CD.
Make sure that on the day of the Championship you have a copy of your CD with you.
On the day of your rehearsal you should have your CD with you and submit it to be kept until the day of the championship.
The organizing company Morgana and its staff assumes no responsibility for the copyright of the music of the contestants.
The dancer’s participation is the responsibility of the Agency they represent, which is responsible for controlling the validity and observance of the medical certificates of the dancers. All of the dancers are obligated to submit to their agency/dance school recent medical certificates. During the submission of the entry form, the agency, all the trainers, agents and dancers have knowledge of the terms of participation, accept them fully and release, exempt the organizer from any responsibility in the event of an injury both in and outside the championship venue, before, during or after the performance, as well as from any claim in case of loss of personal belongings within the areas of the theater.
The performances are going to be video recorded and photographed and the images are going to be used by the organizing committee for promotional activities on the event’s web-site, as well as on the event’s social media pages. On the day of the championship, at the theater’s entrance, all the people responsible for dance groups should sign a declaration on behalf of the group they represent.
A doctor will be present in the theater on the day of the championship, in the case of an emergency.
Dance schools/teachers/trainers are responsible for the participants. Every dance school/agency is allowed to have one chaperone backstage.
The organizing committee is entitled to change some of the regulations, if it is deemed to be necessary.
The organizing committee reserves the right to disqualify participants who fail to comply with the Championship’s regulations. In the event of a disqualification, the participation fee is not refunded.